Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Make it Colourful Challenge #14: Ballpoint Pens or Medium You're Not Familiar With

CHALLENGE #14 – BALL POINT PENS OR MEDIUMS YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH
 
Today starts a new MONTHLY challenge on the Make it Colourful Blog. The theme this time around is:

BALLPOINT PENS or Medium You're Not Familiar With

This challenge was a tough one for me. I really needed more colors than the Papermate set I bought at Walmart had. The set did come with two shades of green and two shades of blue so those were the colors I stuck to in my coloring. My other teamies did a cross-hatch style of coloring, but I struggled with that so I just did strokes in the same direction.

I used this super cute image called Friendly Flower Sprites....aren't they just so adorable?!!
 Some tips for using ballpoint pens would include using light strokes and also cleaning the tip of your pens on a regular basis. If you don't clean the tip then it starts to get gloppy ink build-up and will leave dark sticky marks on your project.

For my card I used various things in my stash. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz.

Remember to use a Make it Crafty image and upload your projects to the Make it Crafty Gallery.
We’d love to see you share your work of art with us. 

You’re also more than welcome to share your progress, possible disasters and when you triumph with us in the Facebook group HERE.

Have a great week!
Rosie :)

No comments: